Five effects of hand pain and how to improve it
Hand pain is a common problem that affects many people at different stages of life, often related to osteoarthritis, although it is a disease that affects people of middle or old age, occasionally some young people can develop it.
In addition, there are sports or professional activities that, due to the extreme and constant use of the hands, can cause pain and disorders in them.
That is why at Quantic Nanotech we have developed a unique device with the goal of improving hand pain. This is a multimodal therapeutic glove that incorporates technology to improve pain and function in osteoarthritis of the hands. Moreover, we have developed a cosmetic cream based on natural products with anti-inflammatory properties that can contribute to improve hand joint discomfort.
Hand pain can be caused by various disorders such as osteoarthritis, arthritis, traumatic injury, overuse or muscle damage. Regardless of the underlying cause, hand pain can have several negative effects on daily life.
The five most detrimental effects of hand pain are:
- Limitations in daily activity: Hand pain can make it difficult to perform basic daily activities. Simple tasks such as buttoning buttons, writing, holding objects or even combing one’s hair can become challenging and painful. The inability to perform these activities can affect a person’s independence and quality of life. In addition, limitations in work and recreational activities can lead to frustration and decreased quality of life.
- Decreased mobility and dexterity: Pain in the hands can cause stiffness and reduced mobility of affected joints. This can make it difficult to perform fine and precise movements, affecting manual dexterity. People may experience difficulty grasping small objects, manipulating tools, or performing activities that require hand-eye coordination. Decreased mobility and dexterity can have a negative impact on job performance and participation in recreational activities.
- – Impact on sleep quality: Hand pain can interfere with a person’s sleep. Many people with inflammatory disorders experience increased pain during the night, making it difficult to fall asleep or maintain sleep throughout the night. Lack of restful sleep can lead to fatigue, decreased mood and difficulty concentrating during the day. The cycle of pain and lack of sleep can become a vicious cycle that negatively affects overall health and emotional well-being.
- – Limitations at work: Hand pain can have a direct impact on day-to-day work. Preventing daily work tasks from being performed is one of the most difficult effects to manage. Discomfort and difficulty performing activities can lead to isolation and loss of connection with co-workers or bosses. In addition, chronic pain can lead to mood swings, irritability and depression, which can negatively affect relationships at work.
- – Stress and emotional impact: Chronic hand pain can cause stress and affect sufferers emotionally. Constant worry about pain, frustration about physical limitations, and uncertainty about the future can lead to anxiety and depression. In addition, the perceived loss of independence and autonomy can affect self-esteem and self-confidence. Stress management and emotional support are critical in coping with these emotional effects of hand pain.
Our electronic device has demonstrated significant efficacy, in an open clinical trial, in the treatment of pain in hand osteoarthritis. It has been designed in collaboration with physicians specializing in these disorders. Comparative clinical studies on the use of our therapeutic gloves in patients with hand pain are under development.
If you would like to know more, please contact our team so that we can further assist you.